Welcome to CUPUM 2013
After the most recent summits in Hong Kong (2009) and Lake Louise (Calgary/Banff) (2011), the 13th edition of the International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management (CUPUM) takes place in the city of Utrecht, near the geographical center in the Netherlands. The Faculty of Geosciences of Utrecht University will be organizing the event from 2-5 July 2013 at the Uithof Campus in Utrecht.
The conference is over. You can download all published papers and posters, that were made available on the provided USB Stick during the conference, by going to our micro site, by clicking here.
Click here to view direct messages from the organizing and programme committee
Click on an item on the left navigation pane or go to:
- The registration module
- The programme overview
- All information on book chapters, conference papers and posters
- Important dates and deadlines
- Information about the conference venue, transportation, accommodation and the City of Utrecht
- Downloadable content and media such as documents and presentations
- Information about the organization and the committees
- Information about CUPUM and previous editions
- Sponsor page
- Contact information
News & Updates
USB stick contents up for download
| JAN 31, 2014 | 10:00 CET
All published papers & poster submission, that have been provided on the accompanied USB Stick during the conference, have been made available for download. To view them, please click here (internal micro site).
| OCT 6, 2013 | 11:45 CET
The opening and keynote speeches are available for download. Please check the download section.
| JUN 20, 2013 | 22:30 CET
The full programme has been published now. Please go to the Programme page for more information, or download the programme directly, by clicking here (PDF, 535 kB).
Travelling by train? Maintenance works influence your itinerary!
| JUN 19, 2013 | 22:30 CET
From June 27th until July 11th, major maintenance and construction works affects your train journey to Utrecht, if you are travelling from the airport to Utrecht, or from South East Netherlands to Utrecht by train.
- At Schiphol, the intercities departing from platform 1-2 at xx.15 and xx.45 will terminate at Zaltbommel instead of Maastricht or Eindhoven. Journey time remains the same (27 minutes)
- If you are coming by train from the south of the Netherlands, the intercities which normally run to Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam/Alkmaar/Schagen, terminate at 's-Hertogenbosch. From 's-Hertogenbosch, a bus service to Zaltbommel is available, and from Zaltbommel, you can take the Intercity towards Utrecht. Alternatively, reroute your train journey: Roosendaal/Breda/Tilburg/Eindhoven via Rotterdam; Roermond/Maastricht/Heerlen" via Roermond-Venlo (Veolia) and onwards via Nijmegen-Arnhem
- For more detailed information, please see NS.nl (explanation in Dutch only)
Early bird registration deadline extenstion
| APR 12, 2013 | 07:54 CET
The deadline for early bird registration has been extended up till April 22, 2013. Thereafter, the regular registration fee of 400 euro (instead of 360 euro) is valid.
Hotels & Accommodation
| MAR 3, 2013 | 13:20 CET
Information about hotels & accommodations has been published. We do not provide any accommodation, but we do offer arrangements via Preferredreservations.nl. For more information, please go to the hotels page by clicking here.
| DEC 7, 2012 | 23:20 CET
We would like to announce the registration module for the conference is now available! All accepted entries are required to register before April 1st, 2013. For more information, please go to the registration page by clicking here.
Deadline extension and Keynote speakers
| DEC 5, 2012 | 22:10 CET
The CUPUM 2013 local committee decided all current deadlines have been extended with at least one month (with exception of the deadline of the revised book chapter, which has been extended with only two weeks). This means the deadline for the conference paper and the poster submissions have been reset to February 15th and March 15th respectively. Please check the Dates for a full overview on all new deadlines.
On another note, the keynote speakers are now known. The keynote speakers of the CUPUM 2013 conference are:
- Prof. Anthony Yeh (University of Hong Kong)
- Prof. Harrie Timmermans (Eindhoven University of Technology)
- Prof. Mei-Po Kwan (Utrecht University)
Click here for more information on the keynote speakers.
Moreover, it is expected registration for the conference will commence within just a few days.
Click here for older news | Click here for the e-mail newsletters